Tuesday 21 January 2014

Challenge yourself: silly things that keep pushing you in your workout.

Just to mix up my usual gym routine I like to set a few silly goals. In Thailand I taught myself to do a human flag. In Japan I manage to learn how to do a half decent planche. The thing is, you don't always have to have a serious goal in order to help drive you to be better or do better. Sometimes silly goals can be quite refreshing and sometimes they can stimulate your creativity.
Yesterday I was updating my location on a bar-workout callisthenics site called MadBarz that I have been lurking on. I decided to look at their monthly challenges and thought, hey! I can do that!
This months challenge was to do a pull up with the heaviest weight you can. Sure, it really has no benefit to my overall gym plan but it was something fun to do and something I can strive for for the month. So below are the results.

This time around I managed 45kg/100lb for one decent rep with chin above bar. The second one I didn't drop all the way down so I don't count it. I will try for more in a few days.
Oh, I really don't know the MadBarz team but they seem to have a really tight site with a beautifully produced set of workout designs and a really friendly community. There are no roid monsters there, just a bunch of girls and guys who take to the bars wherever they find them and heave.

No comments:

Post a Comment